The Tortolita Radio Club is a group of Amateur Radio operators aiming to just have fun with an emphasis on HF operation. The club is named after the Tortolita mountains near Marana but serves the greater Tucson area and beyond. Among the key points of the club are:
- No dues
- No meetings
- No repeaters
- Occasional newsletters
- Discussion blog on Groups.io
- Focused on HF operation, but our members do it all!
When we say we have a particular focus on HF operations we mean we regularly participate in the following activities:
- Special event stations
- Portable operations in state parks, national parks and historic sites
- Phone and CW operation
- Digital modes
- Building and testing antennas
- Mentoring operators, young and old, to the fascinating world of HF radio operation
Whether you are an experienced operator or new to Amateur Radio, you are welcome to join the Tortolita Radio Club! Click here to Join.